We are a nation of blamers. We love to blame situations, circumstances, events and even ourselves for where we are in our lives. Blame allows you to avoid taking action — it gets you off the hook from acting responsibly. In terms of fitness, it allows you to avoid focusing on controlling your fitness — because there’s nothing you can do about it. Keep in mind, however, that one of the key characteristics of success is our ability to avoid blaming and accept responsibility for failures or setbacks.
Remember it is NOT ABOUT PERFECTION it’s about CONSISTENCY!!!! Own your responsibility and see the changes happen!
Once you learn to quit it will become a habit?
- Identify your triggers. Figure out what makes you give up each time. Write it down challenge it.
- Focus on why you want to change. Always have a definitive goal write it down put it on your fridge put it by your bedside put it in your mind – stay focused on your goal.
- Enlist a friend’s support. Surround yourself with people who not only support you but also share your goals, who have common interests and are on the same path to where you’re going.
- Practice mindfulness. Be purposeful with your plan set the day in motion the night before! stay true to the course and do not let small things distract you from the path you’re on. Be present.
- Replace the habit with a different one. We do not get rid of habits we replace them with new ones. Find a new habit a new routine that sets you up for success.
- Leave yourself reminders. Set your alarm, lay your cloths out the night before, place notes all over the house with quotes motivate you for change for change.
- Share your goals – Tell people you’re goals, shout it from the rooftop, the more people you tell the more accountability you create!
- Prepare for slipups. Try to treat yourself like a friend, when you slip up you are only human, and you are not less or weak or a failure, you are human, and you are still you. Just keep going!
- Let go of the all-or-nothing mindset- when you engage in all or nothing thinking, you discount as unimportant or unworthy all that you did do well and all that you did accomplish. Think about that for a few moments: discounting the positive in this way is both unfair to you and self-destructive because it leaves you feeling like a failure.
Tips to stay on track with your fitness goals
Focus On Why?
Set a long-term goal that has more to do with your overall HEALTH than with how you look. Focus on how you want to FEEL and what you want to be able to DO, as opposed to what you want to look like. If you are fueling your body well and working out effectively, you WILL see the physical changes—remember to celebrate victories along the way this is what will help you to live a healthy lifestyle long term.
Set goals that are challenging but realistic, be sure that it is an actual possibility to reach your health and fitness goal. Focus on the long term and set small goals along the way.
Working on our fitness and clean eating in the kitchen are the things that will get you the results you are looking for. Surround yourself with activities that enhance an already healthy lifestyle. – real life change happen if you stay focused and consistent.
Why should I work with a trainer and a set program?
If you’ve been exercising consistently for several weeks or months and are not reaching your goals, there are a few ways a trainer might be able to help:
- We can assess your current program, looking at what you’re already doing, a trainer can look for ways to change or tweak your workouts to make them more efficient and effective.
- We can help you set your goals, A trainer can help you figure out if your goals are realistic.
- We can help you stay motivated. Giving you a plan with a purpose, a starting point and a goal at the end they can help you keep motivated to during the week.
- We will push you a little harder than you would alone. People often don’t see results because they’re not working as hard as they could, if you have someone to challenge you and guide you this can make a huge difference.
- We will hold you accountable. Trainers on a program can help you see your goals thru to the end, we can check in on a regular basis to see how you’re doing.
- We can teach you how to lift weights properly, learn a new exercise to add especially in strength training and core.
You must be logged in to post a comment.